Diaphragm seals are used for the protection of pressure measuring instruments in applications with difficult media. In diaphragm seal systems, the diaphragm of the diaphragm seal effects the separation of the instrument and the medium.
The pressure is transmitted to the measuring instrument via the system fill fluid which is inside the diaphragm seal system.
For the implementation of demanding customer applications, there are a wide variety of designs, materials and system fill fluids available.
For further technical information on diaphragm seals and diaphragm seal systems see IN 00.06 “Application, operating principle, designs”.
Together with a blind flange, the model 990.35 diaphragm seal is available for all commonly used standard flanges. Due to the extended diaphragm, the diaphragm seal can be used at thick-walled or insulated locations in pipeline and vessel construction.
Mounting of the diaphragm seal to the measuring instrument may be made via a direct connection, for high temperatures via a cooling element or via a flexible capillary.
For the material selection WIKA offers a variety of solutions, in which the diaphragm seal cell, the extension and the wetted parts can be made of identical or different materials. The diaphragm and the extension can, as an alternative, be coated.
- Aggressive, highly viscous, crystallising or hot media
- Chemical and petrochemical process industry
- Thick-walled or insulated pipelines and vessels
- High-pressure applications
- Intermediate flange (diaphragm seal cell) with extended diaphragm
- Versions for all common standards and nominal widths available
- When special materials are selected, all wetted parts are made of the selected material*