The Waukesha lobes pumps of the SP series are designed and engineered specifically for the pulp and paper industry.
For more than half a century, Waukesha Cherry-Burrell has been a leader in the design, manufacturing and application of external circumferential piston (ECP) style, rotary positive displacement pumps. Waukesha Cherry-Burrell PD pumps are in service around the world in thousands of challenging chemical and industrial applications.
The SP Series covers a range of nominal flow rates from 7 gpm to 830 gpm and at 100 CC per minute.
The Waukesha lobes pumps of the SP series can be used as metering pumps.
- 316 stainless steel pump body and cover.
- Pumps with water flush seals will run dry indefinately w/ water.
- Up to 500 (34.5 bar) psi pressure capability.
- No bearing in product zone.
- Larger diameter 17-4 PH shafts in seal area for greater strength and stiffness. Helps eliminate vibration; extends seal life on SP-U2 and SP-420/520.
- Heavy duty bearing frame.
- Double tapered roller bearings on all models. Contribute further to precise rotor position and longer seal life.
- Grease lubed bearings for positive lubrication to all bearings over entire speed, temperature and pressure range.
- Operates up to 300°F capacity upon application.
- No internal rotor contact eliminates need to rely on pump fluid as a lubrication.
- NPT or ANSI flange configuration available.
Typical product applications:
Coating Pigments / Polymers / Starch Slurry / GCC Fillers / PCC Fillers / TiO2 Fillers / Kaolin / Cooked Starch / Emulsions / Resins / Retention Aids / TiO2 Slurry / Specialty Chemicals.
Benefits of Universal SP Series
- Pumps with water flushed seals can run dry indefinately
- Pumps filled with settled slurries will start without damaging pump or seals
- Will not damage shear sensitive products
- Smooth pulsation free flow
- No internal rotor contact
- Requires less horsepower than Progressing Cavity Pumps
- Shaft timing is not critical like on lobe pump designs
- No cross contamination of oil into product zone due to unique gear case design