Diaphragm seals are used for the protection of pressure measuring instruments in applications with difficult media. In diaphragm seal systems, the diaphragm of the diaphragm seal effects the separation of the instrument and the medium.
The pressure is transmitted to the measuring instrument via the system fill fluid which is inside the diaphragm seal system.
For the implementation of demanding customer applications, there is a wide variety of designs, materials and system fill fluids available.
For further technical information on diaphragm seals and diaphragm seal systems see IN 00.06 “Application, operating principle, designs”.
Due to their hygienic process connection, the model 981.51 diaphragm seals is ideally suited for food production, pharmaceutical and biotechnology applications. The diaphragm seals can withstand the cleaning vapour temperatures occurring in the SIP processes and thus ensure a sterile connection between the medium to be measured and the diaphragm seal.
Mounting of the diaphragm seal to the measuring instrument may be made via a direct connection, for high temperatures via a cooling element or via a flexible capillary.
The availability of the diaphragm seals for common pipe standards and nominal widths simplifies integration into already existing pipe cross-sections.
- Ultra-pure steam systems
- Gases, compressed air, vapour; liquid, pasty, crystallising, flowing and pure media
- Pharmaceutical industry, biotechnology industry, production of active ingredients
- Aseptic plants or production of aseptic basic materials in the chemical industry
- Dead-space free, direct installation in pipes
- Easy to open, self-draining in all mounting positions
- Quick cleaning, without residue
- Suitable for COP, SIP and CIP
- Autoclavable version