The automatic elastic deformation type pinch valves in cast iron/aluminium are designed for various applications concerning liquids, suspensions, granules, pastes, etc.
The automatic elastic deformation type pinch valve in cast iron/aluminium is constituted by a valve body and a cylindrical sleeve with natural or synthetic rubber.
The automatic elastic deformation type pinch valves in cast iron/aluminium are closed by the application of pressure between the valve body and the sleeve. This pressure is created by a fluid, usually compressed air (but this can be replaced by pressurised water). The action of this fluid crushes the sleeve in a particular direction, which is determined by careful positioning of the fibre reinforcement, thus totally closing the valve.
The automatic elastic deformation type pinch valves in cast iron/aluminium allow the complete passage avoiding load losses and ensure a total closure even in the presence of solid particles, gases, dusts and charged liquids.
With their technical characteristics and the variety of sleeves available, our pinch valves are suitable for many applications:
- Acids: hydrochloric, nitric, sulphuric, hydrofluoric, etc.
- Alkalis: sodium hydroxide, ammonia, potassium, phosphates, sodium bicarbonate, etc.
- Viscous or abrasive liquids: seawater, wastewater, limewash, paper pulp, paint, sludge, soot, clay slip, etc.
- Edible liquids: beer, wine, cocoa butter, edible oils, beet juice, milk, sugar, syrups, etc.
- Powdered products: cement, flour, sand, talc
- Other fluids: reagents for water treatment, organic solvents, fertilisers, etc.
- No abnormal friction losses
- No risk of blockage
- Long sleeve service life:
- Sleeves strengthened with fibre reinforcement enabling use in extreme conditions
- Easy to install (bolted flange or threaded socket connection, depending on model)
- Energy-efficient: low compressed air consumption
- Minimal (no mechanical wear), quick and easy maintenance: the sleeves are the only wear parts
- Cast iron/aluminium pinch valves:
- Total closure even in the presence of solid particles, gas, powders and slurries, etc.
- Risk of leak into the environment very low, as there are no glands
- Protection of the installation: no water hammer on closing and opening
- 11 sizes available, from DN 20 to DN 300
- Material: cast iron (DN 20 to DN 80) or aluminium (DN 100 to DN 300) body
- Three sleeve grades available as standard (other materials on request)