The GEMÜ 650TL is a manual tapping diaphragm valve with automatic closing function which is designed for use in sterile applications. This piston actuated diaphragm valve has a “keep-closed” override of manual operation.
The GEMÜ 650TL manual tapping diaphragm valve can only be operated (opened / closed), if a control medium is applied to the actuator. When the control medium supply is switched off, the valve closes and can no longer be operated manually.
Example: If the flow velocity in a piping loop is reduced (e.g. if too many tapping points are open), flow may drop below a critical level.
This special GEMÜ 650TL manual tapping diaphragm valve can be used to specifically close tapping points automatically via the central process control system in order to reduce the tapping quantity and thus to increase the piping loop flow velocity.
- Connection: Clamp; Spigot; Threaded spigot
- Actuator: Manual
- Explosion protection
- Body material: 1.4435, block material; 1.4435, forged body; 1.4435, investment casting
- Max. operating pressure: 8 bar
- Max. media temperature: 100 ° C
- Min. media temperature: -10 ° C
- Nominal sizes
- Suitable for inert and corrosive liquid and gaseous media
- Valve body and diaphragm available in various materials and designs
- Compact design (ideal when space is at a premium)
- Various connections available
- CIP/SIP cleaning and sterilizing capabilities
- Standard optical position indicator
- Hermetic separation between medium and actuator
- Optional flow direction
- Installation for an optimized draining is possible
- Control air connectors positioned in-line with piping, 90° offset optional
- Feedback of closed position (pneumatic piston and/or handwheel) via optionally available proximity switches