The Optek photometric analyzers are suitable for inline analysis and for concentration, color, and turbidity analysis and exploit the interaction between light and the process (liquid or gaseous): a ray of light penetrates the heart of the process while a photoelectric silicon cell measures the intensity of the resultant light.
The Optek analysis systems consist of three elements:
- Sensor: Inline or insertion, including the light source and the photoelectric cell
- CableSet: Industrial shielded cable connecing the sensor to the converter
The Optek photometric analyzers are suitable for many applications in the chemical sector, petrochemical and refineries, biotechnology, food industry and beer, paper industry.
The most common uses are:
- Monitoring contaminated liquids in the distillate
- Continuous analysis of halogens
- Fermentation and biomass growth in the laboratory and pilot plant
- Color and quality monitoring
- Color and variation of color during the synthesis or in the final product
- Concentration of any solid in liquid solvent
- Ultrafiltration on the permeate and the retentate