The lobes pumps of the APU2 series are automotive paint pumps.
For more than half a century, Waukesha Cherry-Burrell has been a leader in the design, manufacturing and application of external circumferential piston (ECP) style, rotary positive displacement pumps. Waukesha Cherry-Burrell PD pumps are in service around the world in thousands of challenging chemical and industrial applications.
Benefits of APU2 Series
- Protects water-borne shear sensitive paints.
- Pigments are not separated, which can change viscosity and cause color shifts.
- Aluminum and mica metallic flakes are not damaged, which result in deep rich paint luster, and shiny finish.
- Color matching between body and components is not a problem.
- Substantial energy cost savings compared to turbine and piston pumps.
- Constant flow regardless of system pressure changes, results in high film quality and thickness.
- Pressure surges eliminated.
- Minimal heat added to product.
- Pumps are energy efficient, and easily cleaned, maintained, and repaired.
- Water borne paints
- Solvent borne paints
- Clear coats
- Metallic flake paints
- Base coats